Tool 4 The Man

It's what the cool kids are reading.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Elliot Mess: NY Governor Spitzer Caught With Pants Down


Being a politician's wife takes a special brand of moxie, especially when their husband gets nabbed in a sex scandal and the are forced to do the walk of shame and follow them out standing dutifully by their side as they face the cameras.

Silda Spitzer is the latest in a long series of women forced to endure this public humiliation as her husband, New York Governor Elliot Spitzer made a cryptic announcement following the New York Time article that linked him to a prsotitution ring.

“I have acted in a way that violates my obligation to my family and violates my or any sense of right or wrong,” said Spitzer, “I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better.”

You'd think the whole inident is bad enough without rubbing it in by making her drink deep the ordeal live on cable news and in front of mroe than 100 reporters in person. The conventional wisdom seems to be, if his wife can put up with it, so should the rest of us, but I'd have more respect for anyone in this position if they let the Mrs skip the news conference.

1 comment:

Ramundo said...

After some digging we turned up some info on Elliot's favorite go to gal. No wonder he strayed!
Elliot Spitzer's favorite go to gal

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com